Monday, May 12, 2008

3d Dungeon Settings

This is an Impressive Display of wonderfully painted 3d dungeon dressing pieces, walls, floors, doors, etc. Take the time to look - this stuff is so nice, it encourages the imagination to think of new encounters and situations.

As anyone who has played with me knows, I love using figures for combat in FRPGs, but a long time ago I decided to go for portability and ease of set up - so I use my own homemade foamcore dungeon tiles, with painted resin dungeon doors, pillars, altars, etc. And it works out very nicely, if the compliments I have received over the years are any indication. It is easy to set up, doesn't get in the way of the game, and most of all it removes any doubt as to "where is the kobold, and can I shoot around the dwarf?".

But still, the setup shown in this series of pictures is incredible. Sigh.

Tags:

No comments: