Monday, December 6, 2010

Valley of the Old Ones - Week of Encounters Completed

The one thing I have been working on, gaming wise, has been the launch of a new blog dedicated to my (occasional and sporadic) roleplaying activities. It is based on a new fantasy campaign world that I have been thinking about for a while.

Both the world setting, and the blog are called the Valley of the Old Ones.

The whole thing, rather old school (intentionally) in feel, is based on some disturbing and exciting deep dark secrets, but those are not for print (at least not in the light of day), but rather for the players to discover in the dark dark places of the realm.

In preparation of this world for unveiling at MarsCon '11, I have done up a starter adventure and a bunch of pre-generated characters, and began the "Week of Encounters" challenge to get me to write up seven different encounters that will entice others who are thinking about my gaming world. Those encounters are:
  1. The King's Highway
  2. The Fell Beast of Riven Moor
  3. Captain Lu d'Ross and Caerilla Ne Quolda
  4. Terror of the Stoatmen
  5. Living Skulls of the Purple Marsh
  6. Horrors of the Red Swordsmen
  7. The Staff of St. Varina

1 comment:

The Happy Whisk said...

Hi Chuck. I'm a new reader to your blog and wanted to say hello.

Hello.

-Whisk