Wednesday, November 2, 2016

Lord of the Manor - design in progress

(This is a continuation of my thoughts about a mapless Medieval campaign supporting tactical medieval rules, such as Chainmail.  This represents just some further thoughts about a random generation system for determining what "lands" would be in your demesne.)

Working on the Medieval campaign rules some more has turned into me experimenting with distributions and stochastic curves, as I look at using a 3d6 system, and a 2d6 system.  Here are both charts, presented as I was experimenting with them.

3d6 Version2d6 Version
 3 - Orchards
 4 - Vineyard
 5 - Port
 6 - Town
 7 - Free Land
 8 - Forest
 9 - Forest
10 - Farm
11 - Farm
12 - Pasture
13 - Pasture
14 - Free Land
15 - Church
16 - Highlands
17 - Fish Ponds
18 - Orchards
 2 - Vineyard
 3 - Port
 4 - Town
 5 - Freeland
 6 - Forest
 7 - Farm
 8 - Pasture
 9 - Church
10 - Highlands
11 - Fish Ponds
12 - Orchards


In both cases, I think I got the frequency correct, of the different types of Lands, in relationship to each other.  However, I am thinking that I will go with the 2d6 system, because it means that the land types at both legs of the system (meaning, Vineyards, Ports, Fish Ponds, and Orchards) are extremely rare in the 3d6 system, and I did not intend that to happen.

Next will be assigning troop types to the different lands... and working on the limits and options inherent in the economic system (money sources, money sinks, and market options).

No comments: