Tuesday, May 26, 2009

World of Greyhawk miniatures


Greyhawk Grognard has a great article on the old Minifigs line of World of Greyhawk miniatures.

Okay, so they looked a little wonky, but they had something that today's batch of fantasy miniatures usually lacks - individuality and creativity.

I loved the Elves of the Valley of the Mage, and the forces of the Great Kingdom. I still have a good sized contingent of Amazons from the Wild Coast, and I recall having a bunch of those Cairn Hills Cavemen (although in all the years of running World of Greyhawk role-playing games, I don't think I ever populated the Cairn Hills with Cavemen). For a map of the Hills see the great collection of WOG maps at Maps of Greyhawk (a great site).


Good stuff, and thanks to the Greyhawk Grognard for posting the pix.

Tags: , ,

2 comments:

Gordon said...

Chuck - It's funny that you posted this when you did. I just had a random urge to look up some old greyhawk stuff and I ran across your post. I have some of the figs from this range - I love them even though they are homely by today's standards.

ColCampbell50 said...

I recognize the horses - they are the same ones MiniFigs uses for their War of the Roses knights. And I think that the mounted knights are from that line as well.

Jim