Friday, September 14, 2012

RPG Wilderness Encounter System

So, over on my old school Fantasy RPG blog, I have posted a Wilderness Encounter System that I have been working on.  This first version of it is keyed for the region of the world that I have been slowly describing.  What I have been doing is to describe the various interesting cities and sites of the region, and then describe an adventure (dungeon, quest, adventure nuggets, etc) for each.

The region (the Darkearth Plains) is a cold, ice age type environment, complete with the mega-mammals from Earth's last ice age (mammoths, irish deer, saber tooth tigers, dire wolves, etc).  Along with the usual fantasy flair, and some interesting human and humanoid cultures (Storm King Barbarians, Shagmen, Broo).  There is a map here.

Check it out if you like, and let me know what you think.


No comments: