Saturday, November 15, 2008

RCW Project - Russian Sailors


I am working on some Bolshevik Sailors in 15mm for the Russian Civil War. The figures I am using are a mixture of some Peter Pig's, and also the new Russian Sailor pack from Battlefront for Flames of War. That pack comes with 46 figures. In the pack I got there were 5 command figures, 4 lewis gunners (I might do MG stands with them), 10 figures with drum fed SMGs (more on them later), and the remainder were riflemen. Despite these figures being intended for WWII, the uniforms are so similar, and the rifles indistinguishable, that I decided to use them.

The one problem, of course, is the SMG in the hands of 10 of the figures. I did some research, and apparently the Bergman MP18 was used in Russia, and captured from German sources. The figures have a drum fed SMG with an air-cooled (with the small holes) barrel. If I trim off the drums, they will look very much like MP18's. So that is the course I will take. I will post pictures as they are finished.

Tags: ,

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

so...

How'd they turn out